Tuesday, March 23, 2010

If I were president:

With the race to the White House at full speed, it made me start thinking what I would do if I were president of the United States of America. I see the president’s position as one of the most influential and powerful public figures in the world.

I think as the candidates run for the presidency they make a lot of promises, but once they are elected into office their promises are easily broken and forgotten.

I see a lot of men and women taking advantage of their positions as they spend tax payers money on their own personal pleasures. After breaking the law, they are allowed to decide when they want to resign from their position, but only after making attempts to get a reduced sentence or plea deal.

If the average Joe was accused of money laundering at his place of employment, he or she would be immediately prosecuted, there would be no and’s, if’s or but’s about it, your butt would be behind bars. Regardless of your position of power, you should be held accountable for your crimes there should be no special privileges.

To make a difference, we need to make a change.

The first thing I would do as president is bring America’s finest home from Iraq and Afghanistan. I think there has been too much blood-shed and too many precious lives lost. For each soldier that loses their life in war, I see it as a loss to our country. To claim victory, we need to save our own and bring our soldiers home.

I thank God everyday for the fine, brave men and women who serve our country and protect our freedoms and rights, but I think we need to concentrate less on foreign affairs and concentrate more on taking care of the American people. I feel if someone invades your country, fight terrorism and defend yourself, but we need to stop helping countries that don’t want to help themselves.

We American’s have enough problems in our own country, that we need to worry about. We have to find a way to end poverty, violence, hunger and the other million problems that we American’s face on a daily basis.

We have men, women, children and American veteran’s who have proudly served our country living on the streets, who are homeless. We have men and women struggling to raise families on minimum wage, when a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk or gas cost one half of what they are making an hour.

Over half of the United States does not have health coverage and can not afford to purchase private coverage. With the cost of living so high, how can they afford to shell out four to five hundred dollars a month for healthcare coverage, it’s impossible.

American’s who work on a daily basis are refused health coverage because they make too much money, but people who break the law and are in jail or in prison receive free dental and medical treatment, at the taxpayers expense.

We need to rebuild our economy, by focusing on the low and middle class. In my opinion, they suffer the most. I would put and end to non-sense and pointless spending. I would create a flat tax so the low and middle class people are not carrying the whole burden. In hopes that future generations can become more independent and prosperous and finally put an end the continous cycle of debt.

I would go back to the Ronald Reagan days of office, and make the competive and greedy oil companies drop the price, so the American people can afford to buy gas and oil. I would require a program that would develop an alternative source of fuel and require vehicles to run by and use a clean, affordable energy source. By creating these programs, it would create jobs for the American people.

I feel every child deserves a good education, it is the foundation of their youth. I would set aside special funding for education. College would be acceptable and affordable to everyone.

As president, I would apologize to other races who have experienced, been hurt or effected by racial tension. I would re-educate the American people, so future generations would never experience what past generations have. If we recognize our differences and mistakes, by carrying a torch of freedom in a colorless society, what a remarkable society we would live in.

I would put an end to illegal immigration. I would build an impassable fence that would make the Great Wall of China look like it was made out of building blocks. I would also increase the number of military personal at our borders and use more military resources at government offices and for airport security.

I would recognize that half of the American people oppose to what the other half think are important and major issues, such as gun control, abortion, same sex marriages and terrorism. Unless we want to segregate this country, we need to have and accept laws that allow freedom of choice so all people can live their lives openly and freely without judgement or persecution.

Most importantly, I would not take my role as president for granted for one single second. I would not forget for one single second that my main concern is the American people and I represent and work for them 100% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment